Employment Application – Graduate Design Engineer
Applidyne prides itself on recognising bright young talent. People who have a real passion for engineering design, enjoy problem solving and using their practical design skills.
We strive to nurturing that talent, especially in the early days of their careers, by:
*Providing the opportunity to work on interesting projects that stretch their problem solving and analytical skills;
*Being involved in all facets of a project from concept through to production;
*Working on projects from a variety of industries;
*Providing close mentoring with our senior engineers.
If you are a graduate mechanical, mechatronics or electronics design engineer with a passion for R&D, this is one of the better career opportunities you are likely to come across – an opportunity to become an important player in a specialist design company which is well known and respected as a leader in its field.
Based in Adelaide, South Australia, the company is well established and very successful in the research, design and development of innovative, market driven products with a mechanical and mechatronics focus. Design projects have included automotive mechanisms, industrial machines and equipment, consumer goods and medical and healthcare equipment.
Through consistent achievement of results, our client has earned a great deal of client trust and recognition and is clearly a market leader in its field. The company has also won a series of prestigious design awards and has been granted a number of patents in recognition of its innovative and effective product design.
As part of a very exciting stage in the company’s development, the role of Graduate Design Engineer has become available for a person having the ability to handle detailed engineering design and analysis work in a competitive commercial environment.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, your role will involve:
- Participation in concept generation “brainstorming ” sessions and assistance in generating concepts to meet system requirement specifications
- 3D CAD modelling of parts and assemblies of complex systems
- Detailed design, including generation of manufacturing drawings
- Analysis and design activities to support the design process
- Designing and conducting research and testing to support the design and development process
- Setting to work and testing of prototypes
- Liaison with manufacturers to assist in getting designs ready for production
- Assisting in the preparation of technical reports for consulting projects such as design reviews, failure investigations, stress analysis, concept design & feasibility studies.
It is anticipated that the selected applicant will have higher level tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline, along with some previous work history.
A generous remuneration package, designed to attract the right calibre of applicant to this position, will be offered to the selected candidate.
Applications are now open to all students who fulfill the above criteria, have an aptitude for design and have already or will graduate at the end of this year. Please forward a copy of your resume and academic transcript using the form below.