Mechanical Engineer – CAD Designer
Closing Date: 2018-08-31
If you’re a gun at CAD and can wield a spanner then this is the job for you!
- Specialist design engineering company
- Product design and R&D focus
- Fast-paced commercially focussed working environment
- Opportunities to invent, innovate and develop
If you love building or maintaining machines to the point where you want to design them and you have the CAD skills to do that, then this might be the ideal role for you. You will most likely have at least an associate diploma in Mechanical Engineering or similar and a few years of relevant experience.
We are a well-established small engineering design consultancy with an enviable client list ranging from multinationals to inspired inventors. With a mechanical and mechatronics focus, our design projects have involved automotive mechanisms, industrial machines and equipment, consumer goods, medical and healthcare equipment and defence hardware. Our small team punches above its weight and has a hard-won reputation for innovative solutions and a pro-active and responsive approach.
Due to some new projects starting soon, we are looking for an engineer with the ability to play a vital role in the design, prototyping and testing of new products, and machines.
Reporting to the Technical Director, your role will involve:
- Hands-on work including prototype testing and field trials;
- Design using CAD (mostly Creo);
- Preparing design and test documentation;
- Assistance with maintaining and developing workshop and laboratory facilities including test cells.
If challenges and work diversity excite you rather than scare you, please apply!
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering;
- At least two years of technical experience in a commercial R&D or manufacturing environment. Experience in such a role in the EU, UK or US will be highly regarded;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- A proven track record working effectively as part of a team;
- A valid visa for work in Australia or be an Australian citizen.
An attractive remuneration package, designed to attract the required calibre of applicant to this position, will be offered to the selected candidate.
You must have a valid visa for work in Australia or be an Australian citizen to be eligible for this job. Due to the number of applicants anticipated, only those meeting the eligibility criteria will be contacted.
Please note that Applidyne does not accept unsolicited referrals of potential candidates by recruiters or allow recruitment organisations to represent our business without prior written authorisation.
To apply for this position please complete the form here.